- Walk, bike, rollerblade, or take mass transit to reduce the miles you drive
- Combine your errands and make one trip
- Don’t sit in the drive-thru lane or idle your engine in the carpool lane at school
- Pledge to make your next vehicle low-emissions or a hybrid!
- Refuel after 6:00 pm, especially during the summer
- Keep your tires inflated properly to save fuel and reduce pollution
- Drive under 60 mph to save gas and reduce emissions
- Keep your car in good running condition
Conserve Electricity: 60% of our electricity comes from coal-fired power plants.
- Use compact fluorescent light bulbs in your home
- Join NC GreenPower to support renewable energy
- Turn off your lights when not needed
- Pledge to purchase only Energy Star appliances