5K for Clean Air
Join us for the 2015 Green 5K Run & Walk for Clean Air,
the first and only race in the Carolinas certified by Athletes for a Fit Planet.
Follow our Facebook page to get the latest updates first.
5K for Clean Air: The Race for a Carbon Free Future
Here are some great features about the 2014 5K:
- Race t-shirts are manufactured LOCALLY and are made from 100% recycled plastic bottles!
- Clean Air Partners Pavilion displayed environmentally-conscious businesses and organizations in the community with tips on how to reduce your carbon footprint.
- Solarize Charlotte was onsite offering participants opportunities to sign up for a free solar analysis on their home.
- The amazing Captain Clean Air was on location to start the race and lead the awards ceremony.
- First and only 5K in the Carolinas to be certified by Athletes for a Fit Planet for our eco-practices i.e., t-shirts made of 100% plastic bottles, 100% online pre-registration and “virtual” race bags, composting and recycling bins onsite and much more. Learn more about our efforts to make our 5K the “greenest” race in NC.
- The event was chip timed and over 30 prizes awarded from Omega Sports with additional prizes for special categories from Great Outdoor Provision Co. and Mountain Khakis.
Thank you to our 2014 5K Sponsors!
Clean Air Benefactor
Clean Air Advocate
Clean Air Supporter
Crown Town Creative/EcoMark • Moms Clean Air Force
Rachel Myers Photography • The Odom Firm, Attorneys at Law
The UPS Store – Southend
Clean Air Friend
Charlotte Energy Solutions • Commonwealth Animal Hospital
Common Market – SouthEnd • Ivy’s Diaper Service • O2 Energies
Pasta & Provisions • Sierra Club • Sport Clips Huntersville
Volunteer – We Need You!
We are seeking dedicated volunteers to join our 5K planning team and help during the event. If you are interested in participating in the planning of the 2015 5K Run & Walk for Clean Air, please complete our online volunteer form and we will be in touch shortly!
5K Run & Walk for Clean Air Photo Gallery