2015 5K for Clean Air
Get ready for the greenest race in Charlotte!
Gather your friends and family and celebrate Earth Day with a walk or run for clean air!
Clean Air Carolina is gearing up for our 6th Annual 5K Run & Walk for Clean Air on
April 25, 2015 in the historic South End of Charlotte.
Thank you to our 2015 5K Sponsors!
Charlotte Area Transit System (CATS) • Great Outdoor Provision
Mountain Khakis • O2 Energies • Sierra Club
What is a “green” race?
When you sign-up for the 5K Run & Walk for Clean Air, you’re not only supporting Clean Air Carolina’s programs that work to clean-up North Carolina’s air quality, you’re supporting efforts for a sustainable planet too!
Each year, Clean Air Carolina makes the Pledge of Sustainability with Athletes for a Fit Planet and commits to eco-practices that make our 5K Run & Walk for Clean Air environmentally responsible and “green”. In fact, our 5K was the only race in the Carolinas to be verified by Athletes for a Fit Planet in 2010-2013. Our goal is to be a model for other race events around the region – together we can make a big difference!
We’re always looking for new and creative ways to make our event as environmentally-friendly as possible. A few of the eco-practices we are committed to each year include:
- 100% pre-online registration
- A virtual race bag
- Clothing/shoe recycling program
- No single-use water bottles
- Biodegradable cups and eating utensils
- Onsite composting and recycling bins
- Environmental education at our Clean Air Partners Pavilion
- Serving local grown foods
- Secure Bicycle Parking for cyclers
- Rideshare opportunities!
- Race t-shirts are manufactured LOCALLY and are made from 100% recycled plastic bottles!
- The amazing Captain Clean Air on location to start the race and lead the awards ceremony
Volunteer – We Need You!
We are seeking dedicated volunteers to join our 5K planning team and help during the event. If you are interested in participating in the planning of the 2015 5K Run & Walk for Clean Air, please complete our online volunteer form and we will be in touch shortly!
5K Run & Walk for Clean Air Photo Gallery